Personal information that Lee County Historical and Genealogical Society collects and publishes falls into two categories: membership data and genealogical data. We regard your personal information as confidential and do not sell or give it to anyone. We do not share your personal information with other parties except as noted below. The following policies govern our collection, use, sharing, and publication of your personal information:
Membership data does include your name, home/mailing address, telephone number, email address, membership date, and log-in information to access the Members Only section of our website.
We ask you to provide membership data when you join or renew your membership, and as changes occur. This information is used to manage our membership rolls, to communicate with you by postal mail and email, and to grant you access to the Members Only section of our website.
We provide membership data to the company that provides website services to LCHGS for website management only, and they are not authorized to use the data for any other purpose. We do not sell or give our membership list or members’ email addresses to any other outside company or organization.
Genealogical and Historical Data
Genealogical and/or historical data does include the names of individuals, maiden names of individuals, their dates and places of birth, marriage, and death, relationships to other persons, biographical information, and photographs.
Members and non-members provide genealogical data which we may publish, with permission, in paper and/or electronic formats in our newsletter, website, and elsewhere.
We do not publish dates of birth of persons known to be living, or who were born within the last 110 years, without the consent of the contributor of that information. To the extent that contributors provide it, the names, relationships, and places of birth and localities of such persons may be published. Any such information which we have published in the past is in the public domain, and there is no practicable way to remove it.
Content Submitted by You ("Submissions")
“Submissions” means all photographs, genealogical data, comments, feedback, suggestions, e-mail, and similar information, or materials you submit to us, including articles, manuscripts, video, artwork, or other material. In sending the material, you are representing and agreeing that
- You are the author of the Submission or that you are making the Submission with the express permission of the authorized owner.
- The Submission is free from restrictions on publication and does not infringe upon or violate any existing copyright or other property right that exists in favor of any other person or entity.
- You are granting us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or display such Submission, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now known or hereafter developed.
- You are responsible for the content of all Submissions and acknowledge that third parties may hold you responsible for content related claims including libel, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, and disclosure of confidential information.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold us (including board of directors, volunteers, and active members) harmless from all liability and costs incurred by those indemnified in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of the above representations and warranties and for any claims related to the content or your Submissions.
20 July 2018